Summer Travel Identity Theft Protection Tips
For many families, summer time means vacation time! Have you ever worried about identity theft while you’re travelling? There are a lot of things you can do to help prevent your identity from being stolen while travelling, and there are also great solutions available from LifeLock if you do become a victim. Let’s start off with a couple of preventative measures you can do before you leave for your trip as provided by the LifeLock Site:
- Notify your bank and credit card companies that you will be travelling.
- Place a hold on your mail to prevent it from being stolen.
- Remove unnecessary sensitive info from your wallet/purse (anything with your SSN).
- Pay bills before leaving, don’t bring them along.
- Limit social media posts prior to and while on vacation.
Once you leave, there are also many things you can do to help prevent your identity from being compromised. Here is a list to keep in mind:
- Keep travel documents and sensitive info on your person in a security belt.
- Use the hotel safe to store important items.
- Be very wary of where and how you use your ATM and credit cards.
- Consider using an RFID-protecting wallet, handbag or case.
- Report missing items immediately!
Of course, even if you take all of the above preventative measures, identity theft is still a possibility, albeit a smaller one. It’s always great to have a company like LifeLock on your side to further help protect your identity and to help put out the fires if something does get stolen. Check out more info on their services on the LifeLock Site and use promo code “Lifelocksafety” to save 10% on LifeLock services.
LifeLock Book Giveaway!
LifeLock is also giving away a copy of their book “Stolen Identity: What Anyone with a Name, Birthdate and Social Security Number Needs to Know Now” to one of my blog readers! Just enter below for your chance to win your very own copy! The book can also be purchased on Amazon.