Gluten-Free Flaxseed Muffins with Banana and Chocolate Chips
I love gluten-free flaxseed muffins, but they’re tough to find near where I live, so I decided to just make my own. I love having chocolate chips in them as it takes care of my sweets craving while still being healthy. My kids both love these too which is a great bonus as they tend to be a bit picky with healthy foods. I’ve been playing around with this recipe a bit, and I think I finally got it just right! I’d love to hear what you think if you decide to make them yourself!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 19 mins
Total time: 29 mins
Yield: 5-6 muffins
1/4 cup Arrowhead Mills gluten-free all-purpose baking mix (or similar)
1/4 cup ground flax seed
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 banana, mashed
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a muffin pan.
2. Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl (baking mix, ground flax seed, baking soda, and cinnamon.)
3. Beat eggs in a medium-sized bowl. Add mashed banana, honey and melted coconut oil.
4. Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients about 1/3 at a time until batter is well mixed.
5. Add chocolate chips to batter, mix gently, and divide batter into lightly greased muffin pan.
6. Bake at 350F for 19 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
Based on 5 muffins
Fat: 10g (mostly from flax & coconut oil)